Wednesday 6 July 2016

You and I.


I can’t lose you,
I don’t want to,
I know love isn’t perfect,
You know that too.


The way we ended up being together
Keeps me astonished,
No regrets,
No shame,
I’m a fan of what we are,

Sorry…
I’m about to sound selfish,
I want no goodbyes!
Yeah!
I could be disparaging,
Way too opinionated,
But trust me babe
I be keen on you,

Sometimes,
I concede my flaws taking the best of me,
I keep battling with the fear of separation,
You’re my rock,
Truth is,
You’ve given me every reason to smile,
To my friends,
I’m bonkers,
It’s what you’ve done to me.

If I could travel out of space,
Seeking for words to explain how I feel about you,
I would spend my whole dime on the fare,

When I stare at you,
I see “truth”,
I look through your perception,
Yeah! It says it all,
I understand how you feel about me too,
At some ends we could go bitter,
It’s bound to happen,

We could build our empire of love,
And become “love-legends”,
I know about Romeo and Juliet,
I know about Mohammed and Khadijah,
I know about Jack and Rose,
I also know about You and I.
                                               Zanzi.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate