Monday 18 January 2016

CEO Marfol Vintage Wears gives us an insight on his journey as an Entrepreneur.

An Entrepreneur; My journey so far…
An entrepreneur, some say is someone who sells to make money, others say is someone who exploits people for money, well I say we are the ones who jump off a cliff and build a plane all the way down. I
became an entrepreneur just to make some money to take care of my little extra extra needs -which can also be termed ‘wants’- but unfortunately for me it’s a different ball game entirely. Being an entrepreneur is not as easy as playing a musical instrument, or riding a bicycle, no offense, but it isn’t really that difficult either, it just requires you to make the right decisions and do the right/necessary things at the right time. In my journey so far I’ve come to realize there is no margin for error, as an entrepreneur every hour, minute and second counts. What you attend to nonchalantly could turn out to be the basis of your failure on the long run. We are not allowed to treat anyone/anything idly. If you ask me I think entrepreneurs are the driving force of the society either directly or indirectly, because we are required to think, strategize and then restrategize all over again. We analyze issues like, how to attend to clients, how to spot their needs from a mile away, how to assure them that we will provide the very best services to them, trust me it is not as easy as it sounds. From my own perspective being an entrepreneur is not something you can waltz into and waltz right back out whenever you feel like, it has to be imbibed, has to become your lifestyle because once you go in, there is no turning back. Like Will Smith said and I quote, “make a decision, like you just decide what you are going to be, how you are going to be it, and when you are going to be it, just decide”.
To everyone out there who has his/her eyes set on becoming an entrepreneur I say take that leap of faith, take that bold step, make the right decisions and you will never regret it and to every entrepreneur out there; more grease to your elbows.
Thanks and God bless.

Folarin Akin-Allen
CEO : Marfol Vintage Wears (MVW)

1 comment:

Translate